Week Thirteen
Wahoo, Just one week left. I've learned a great deal but one thing I won't miss is this weekly journal assignment. Maybe it's because I keep a daily personal journal but I dread this assignment each week. It feels like this is my "Large" plates of Schriever where my secular history is recorded. I much more prefer recording my spiritual experiences on the "Smaller" plates of Schriever. Thankfully, however, I still get to record my witness and gratitude of the Savior on the "Large" plates of Schriever.
I loved President Monson's talk on gratitude. He lists mothers, fathers, teachers, friends, country, and the Savior as examples of gifts in our lives that deserve our gratitude. I, too, have been blessed with incredible parents that taught me the gospel by both word and by deed. They've continued their example of faith as grandparents to my children. They give of their time, talents, and energy to further the work of the Lord and to show love to all around.
Thankfully, my life is full of fantastic friends and teachers that lend support, uplift, and strengthen me. Throughout my divorce so many texts, visits, phone calls, and other acts of love filled my soul with comfort as friends, leaders and teachers reached out in concern for my welfare.
To be born and raised in the US of A is akin to wining the lottery. I'll forever be grateful for the freedoms guaranteed by the divinely inspired constitution and represented by our flag. God bless the USA.
And I don't have the words to express my gratitude for my Savior, my Redeemer, my Friend, my Brother, Jesus the Christ. Without Him I am nothing. Because of Him I can overcome all obstacles, all hurt, all pain, all weaknesses, all trials, all sin, and eventually even death. Because of Him my children are sealed to me for time and all eternity. Because of Him I will return to my Father in Heaven. Because of Him enteral life, exaltation, and everlasting happiness await. I owe Him my life, liberty, and everything that I am and will every be. I love Him with my whole heart, might, mind and strength. I know He lives. I know He will return in glory to wipe away all our tears. I know with Him there is safety and peace. I'm honored to take His name upon me and witness for His name. At some point I will shed tears of gratitude that fill the marks on his hands and feet. The very marks that symbolizes His love for me. I look forward to that day. And may it be soon I pray.
Comments
Post a Comment