Week Eight

I really enjoyed this week’s topic of overcoming challenges.  Mortality’s very purpose is to find joy and purpose amid the hardships of life.  We are taught very plainly in the Book of Mormon “that there is an opposition in all things.” 2nd Nephi 2:11. Without opposition we could not discover for ourselves the difference between good and evil, joy and pleasure, virtue and vice. Viewed from an eternal perspective challenges merely become opportunities for growth.  Infact, a statement I constantly remind myself is, “Opposition provides Opportunity. Agency allows Growth.”  Each of us born on this earth will face challenges, hardships, heartaches, disease, conflict, despair, loneliness, and so many other types of difficulties.  That’s a given.  Though our challenges in life may differ from one to another there is one solution to every one of them.  That solution is Christ.  He is the way, the truth, the life and the means to overcome all opposition.  His perfect example, his teachings, his power to deliver, enable, and redeem is without end and sufficient for all.  When we use our agency during life’s hardships to choose Him then He bears our burdens, uplifts our spirits, provides peace to endure, understanding to cope, comfort to last, and strength to press forward. I know this from personal experience. He has NEVER let me down as I've sought him diligently for deliverance, help, and strength to face the opposition of all things. 

The prophet Isaiah described the enabling power of the Savior perfectly with his words found in Isaiah 40:29-31 
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 

I know these words to be true. As I’ve “waited on the Lord” I’ve experienced each one of these promised blessings.  And as the Lord is no respecter of persons these blessings are available to all that come unto Him.  With Christ all things are possible, all burdens are made lighter, all obstacles can be overcome, and deliverance is provided for all in captivity.  I’m grateful to be a witness for Him in these things. I will forever be indebted and can’t wait to show forth my appreciation to him personally when he comes again in Glory to once and for all put an end to all that oppose Him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twelve

Week Five

Week Seven